THE OLD ARCANA LAUNCHES “THANKS FOR GIVING CAMPAIGN” TO BENEFIT DARKE COUNTY COMMUNITY ACTION PARTNERSHIP EMERGENCY HOMELESS SHELTER
(October 15, 2015, Arcanum, Ohio) At the end of October, The Old Arcana restaurant in Arcanum Ohio will be launching their first annual “Thanks for Giving Campaign”: A very special charitable effort created to serve those in our community who are in need of the most basic necessities in life: food and shelter.
The Old Arcana has connected with the Darke County Community Action Partnership (CAP) as the recipient of their campaign donations for the season. Darke County Community Action Partnership, (a United Way Partner Agency), serves those in need in Darke County through multiple programs, with the ultimate mission of “working in partnership with local communities to eliminate the causes and conditions of poverty and to promote individual independence and self-sufficiency.”
One CAP’s key programs include the Darke County Emergency Homeless Shelter, which provides emergency food and temporary housing for those who have become displaced or cannot afford food. The shelter is funded by the Homeless Crisis Response Program (HCRP) Grant from the state, the Darke County United Way and local donations. Due to aging and normal wear and tear, the shelter is in need of additional assistance. Currently, the shelter is in need of numerous items to effectively help those in need.
- Non-perishable food items for the Community Food Bank
- Volunteers for structural and maintenance assistance to the shelter building
- Paint, flooring replacement, appliances and / or appliance repair
- Beds, dressers and a baby crib
- Twin and full zippered plastic mattress covers
- Twin and full sized sheets
- Bath towels and wash cloths
- Kitchen towels and wash cloths
- Laundry soap, personal hygiene & toiletry items
- Diapers in multiple sizes
Through the “Thanks for Giving Campaign,” The Old Arcana is asking the local community to join them in supporting the Shelter throughout the Holiday Season in 3 ways:
- Donation of needed items. Those interested in donating non-perishable food items or any of the daily living items listed above may drop items off at The Old Arcana during regular business hours from October 26 through December 20. Evening drop off hours will be scheduled once a week as well and will be announced via social media.
- Attend the Campaign Fundraiser. The Old Arcana will also be hosting a special Collaborative “Multi-Chef Dinner” on Saturday, November 21st featuring a special tasting menu by Chef Jeffrey Besecker (The Old Arcana), Chef Zackary Weiner (Rue Dumaine, Taste, Olive), Brendon Miller (Lucky’s Tap Room & Eatery, Roost), and Nathan Heil (Pies and Pints). A portion of the proceeds from the evening will be donated directly to the shelter. Tickets for the event will be available online and at the restaurant by October 26th. Details regarding the evening’s special menu will be announced on that day.
- Become a “Thanks for Giving Campaign” Business Partner. The Old Arcana is in search of area business partners to help spread the word about the shelter’s need and expand the visibility of the campaign as much as possible. Tools to help market the campaign will be made available. Businesses interested in becoming a partner in the “Thanks for Giving Campaign” should contact the restaurant at 937-692-0068 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeff Besecker, owner and executive Chef at The Old Arcana said, “As business owners, we are so very grateful for the many blessings and opportunities we enjoy, from the roof over our head to the delicious food that is placed on our tables every day. We truly believe in the concept of giving back, and we hope members of the local community and our business neighbors will join us in our efforts to do what we can to help others during this season of giving.”
About The Old Arcana:
Hidden away in a quaint Ohio village surrounded by fertile land and family farms, The Old Arcana serves freshly prepared food from scratch in a charming, historic environment. The Old Arcana is located in the Smith Mercantile building in downtown Arcanum and serves breakfast and lunch daily, as well as Sunday brunch, specialty bakery items and complete catering services for private and corporate events.
Small Town Growth Group